7 Ekim 2012 Pazar

Case study 1: getHelp!

To contact us Click HERE
The first case study, get help!
I never think I am good at designing, however, let me try to help the developers J
At first, I think the app is really functional and simple to use . I like the badge and statistics system as they  encourage users to offer helps. The interface is generally good. However, after considering it more carefully I found out some things that can be improved.
Firstly, the homepage should not be the New Project page. It is intuitive to have the overview page as homepage since the requests are more likely to be seen . Although it is good to have a quick and easy way to make a request, I still think that users will not mind taking a few more steps if they have more chances to get helped.
I think the slanted tabs are quite cool, however, I do not like the  slanted texts, which are hard to read. In addition, I did not notice the Overview link at first. My suggestion is make another tab for Overview.
Let’s examine the new project page. The develop team have done a good job for this page. The users can quickly call for help or can enter additional information for their requests. They can also choose options of whom and how the app should notify. I personally think that the area where users enter the request's details  should cover more space than the rest. The text boxes are quite small (especially for location and description) and the alignment is not so good. They should cut down space for the notification options. The check boxes are misleading since user cannot choose more than 1 option of whom he wants to ask. The methods of notifying should come with some instructions.Moreover, I do not think that it is suitable to send SMS to notify friends about your request as it makes the app annoying.
The Overview page is good. It also has updates from developers. Users have many view options as calls for help, your ongoing projects …. However, the “refer a friend!” and “help him!” buttons (no “help her!” one :p) should not be in red and too big as they distract users from the requests’ content. I also do not know what the time in each post refers to,whether it is the time that user created the request or the deadline. There should be more options for user such as delete a feed , view more feeds or view only requests with a selected tag. Having a search box is pretty much useful.
The screenshot about the Project Page does not show me how the tags and description of the request are displayed. The comment box should be placed below the comments (users should read the past comments before making a new one to prevent duplicate questions.).
There may be other problems (because I do not see in the case study how the solved them). The first is the option of changing the status to reflect user’s need (as stated in the objectives of the app). The second is how users can see their own achievements and statistics.
This app is similar to our first assignment, (which has the same objective of helping people to tell their needs and help others) and after trying to improve this app, I find out that the UI and UX of our app is really terrible L.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder