9 Ekim 2012 Salı

“Welcome to Hell !”

To contact us Click HERE


Why the title? Because this is what Hung Doan, an ex-student of CS3216, told me when he knew that I would take that module this semester. This really does not scare me at all. I already have experience of how a module of Prof Ben Leong should be. Last semester I took CS3217 Software Engineering on Modern Application Platforms (taught by the same beloved professor) which is stated as a 5 MCs module. However, the work load was at least twice as hard as a normal 5 MCs module so I don’t expect CS3216 to be easier (maybe of the same difficulty level :p ).
 In fact, taking CS3216 this semester sadly goes against my plan for graduation. Both CS3216 and CS3217 do not help me fulfill pre-requisites for any 4000-level module in the list of CEG Technical Electives. That means I will have to take some other 3000-level modules next semester. Also, we, third year CEG students, are taking a special project-based module (6MCs) which are told to be equivalent to the old CS3215 (8MCs) L. So why did I decide to take this module? In short, I took it because I think it would be challenging. 
And what I want to learn from CS3216:-        Team working. My deadly weakness is communication. Hopefully meeting many great students from SoC and other faculties can help me overcome it.
-        Cloud computing and social networking. Those are actually the core of this module. I have some knowledge of Google App Engine, another cloud computing framework, but Amazon Web Services is just cool. Facebook is great too. However, I hope in the future students will have a chance to work with the evolving Google + ( I am a  Google fan).
-        Some other stuffs like PhP, database, flash… I know this is quite like a self-learning module, and I will need to pick up some of them along the way.
Maybe teaching team will bring up some surprising things other than those above. Hope the new semester will be fun!
P/s : I really don’t have any idea of what to bring to the Show-and-Tell section L

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder